Skip to content
Client: Electricity North West (ENW)
Outline Project Description
- Replacement of 31No towers on existing overhead line due to corrosion.
- Installation of new fibre optic OPGW earth wire along entire route
- Installation of rapid rail systems,
- Replacement of all tower identification furniture and ACD’s.
- Project management of entire scheme
- Supply Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) for switching and issue of all safety documents.
- SAP’s responsible for creating staged approach to facilitate a double circuit outage for tower replacement works whilst still maintaining a rigid Emergency Return to Service (ERTS) times throughout
- Scheme included works within the Sellafield Nuclear De-Commissioning plant (formerly
- Sellafield Power Station) where all works were subject to verification and sign off from the NDA. All staff entering the site were required to hold P4 access pass and security verified.