Our electrical engineers can undertake all aspects of high voltage cable laying and jointing.
Cable laying designs
Early planning and investigation by our experienced high voltage engineers involves carrying out full site investigation works to identify utility congested areas, confirmation of existing ground conditions and the assessment of the present condition and layout of existing structures, to determine optimum layout solutions.
Our high voltage cable laying and jointing solutions include the following services designed to assist with smooth running of site works;
- Preparation of tender drawings and documentation
- Technical assessment of tender returns
- Programming of proposed works to incorporate local network constraints and site specific limitations
- Monitoring construction progress
- Inspection of completed works
- As-built surveys of completed works
High voltage cable laying and jointing
Our high voltage cable laying and jointing service incorporate the following services which are designed to minimise project risk :-
- Carrying out trial hole investigations in ‘areas of engineering difficulty’ and in utility congested areas to minimise aborted installations and subsequent financial variations and programme disruption
- Co-ordinating wayleave and easement negotiations at the planning stage to anticipated associated risks to cost and programme
- Third party liaison with environment agency, local authorities, network rail and others to obtain all necessary approvals prior to project tender issue.
- Production of detailed cable route planning reports with all information required to enable client planning and contractors to prepare competitive tender estimates.
Our engineering team have numerous years of experience working within all areas of the utility industry. Previous HV cable installation projects range from small fault repairs to a 17km cable replacement route, across varying installations through inner city, urban and rural landscapes, incorporating a wide range of ‘Areas of Engineering Difficulty’ (AED’s).
With clients including Electricity North West (ENW), Iberdrola (Scottish Power) and MSVE we are ideal for all your high voltage cable laying and jointing requirements.
For further information on cable laying and jointing, contact us today.