Design – Delivery – Verification – Support
Our team believes in challenging the status quo and understands improvements to OHL design and construction support are continuous processes.
We strive to deliver the best possible service to our clients, making use of the latest technologies and enhancing the skills of our staff through development programmes.
We produce industry-leading OHL design work and provide design support to our clients from their project’s initial conception through to decommissioning.
EDES has a vast level of experience and knowledge in the delivery of Overhead Line (OHL) design and consultancy support to all UK DNOs. EDES’s management legacy as Senior Authorised Persons provides our engineers with an advanced understanding of the operational aspect of HV & EHV systems.
Key Overhead Line Design Services:
- Route options & feasibility studies
- Overhead Line Design Verification, FEED, Detailed Design
- Profile Drawings (PLS CADD or Optimal)
- Foundation design
- Structural Analysis of new and existing assets
- Steelwork replacement / modification / strengthening design
- Wire Clearance Diagrams
- Termination detailing (Cable Sealing End Platforms, Gantries…)
- Short Circuit Loading Calculations
- Wood Pole Line Design and Analysis
- Optimal Structure Spotting in PLS CADD (new build design)
- Line and Material Schedules
- Diversion design (temporary and permanent)
- Detailed design drawings: String Sets, Route Maps, Access Maps, Setting Out Diagrams…
Our overhead line construction services include:
- Provision of senior authorised persons & overhead line engineers
- Project management
- Contract documentation